Cross Country <3
last home meet and regular season meet EVER tomorrow. :’)
so glad i’m running in college so i don’t have to say goodbye to CC yet.
i’m probably not going to be able to walk in the morning
ahaha gee thanks :)) ok then,
1. first xc race in 7th grade, some HS boys told me it was all downhill when I had a mile left. it wasn’t.
2. Captains: Well, I’m captain so I would like to think I’m pretty good at leading! But past captains have been so great, they were really dedicated and encouraging.
3. My favorite running shorts are black nikes with green and purple on the side. :)
4. Never been out of state! sadly.
5. for a 4k, the fastest times are around 17:00. that’s me and my freshie.
6. I’m a brooks girl. HARDCORE.
7. Yes i have spikes! I run in brooks mach 12 for XC and Nike Zoom Matumbo for track.
8. Post race, I love a dark chocolate snickers.
9. Our school’s so small, we are coed. and I love being around the boys, they’re as dedicated as I am.
10. I would love to have more girls run. We only have 5 right now.
11. My PR is 15:56 on a 4k.
12. Season goal is All conference and place well at sectionals.
13. I like hilly courses because then I have to push up hills and rest on downhills.
14. The hardest part for me is right after the 1 mile, when I want to slow down, but I have to keep pushing.
15. I started running because my brother ran and my mom used to coach.
16. I always want to keep improving on my times, and be stronger and faster. that my motivation.
17. I get injured ALL THE TIME. it sucks.
18. My teammates are awesome.
19. haha, i would switch to a team with a better coach.
20. our uniform is yellow top that says my school name, and purple shorts.
21. 5 girls! we rock.
22. my most recent race doesn’t show my effort in the results, but i really had some mental breakthroughs that were great. I think i can take it over to my next race.
23. my favorite thing… probably feeling myself get stronger throughout the season, breaking through the mental barrier in races, and of course my team.
24. usually i’m leading for a mile, then my freshman passes me and i try to hang with her, but she outsprints me.
25. all the girls complain about running, but i think they secretly love it. none of them are as dedicated as i am though.
26. my favorite blog is addicted-to-running! haha, and i love runningontea, and a few others.
27. 2 of my best friends are on the team!
29. oh god. no. he kicked me off my relay last year in track. so, no. i don’t trust him and he’s a lousy coach to be honest.
30. like 2 camelbaks full.
32. technically, 7th grade!
33. dude, our shirts are so lame. they say drummond cross country with our names on the back.
34. ha. haha. a lot.
35. my brother ran in HS and now runs in college, and my mom coached for 10 years!
thanks for the questions! this was fun :)
i love you all! thanks for following me :))
have a great day! xx
we did 8x800s today. it was 31 degrees out and it was snowing.
all i can say is, this better pay off for conference.